SC - foreign cook was What would you do?

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 1 14:26:15 PST 2001

Oh, and duh! another method.  Ask around, someone in your crowd wants to
autocrat.  Instead of waiting to be asked to cook a feast, get together with
someone you already know and can/have work(ed) with and coordinate the
entire event from the start. Be willing to have a very small event, perhaps
a non-royal progress event happening at the far end of the kingdom from a
royal progress.  That sort of thing.  Basically, this is what my first feast
was, the autocrat wanted to do an event and figured no one was going to ask
her to do an established event, and so got permission of do a small event
well outside of conflict range. The  weekend and site available dictated a
small event (and then we got bumped from one part of the park to another,
shrinking the event still further)  But we had lots of fun, and feast for 50
was not an overwhelming task. Once it was done *poof* I was known to be a
cook.

Bonne