SC - SCA rules on serving wine?

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Jan 2 18:18:37 PST 2001

As far as I understand it, the rules don't allow you to use SCA funds to
purchase alcohol unless it's being used _in_ cooking.  It's also a big
no-no to serve it if you're an SCA officer of any sort (in other words,
get someone else to "tend bar" at the war get-togethers).  And it's
frowned upon to donate for fundraisers, etc....all, of course, dependent
on your local/state laws, and the rules for the particular site.
What you might be able to do, is get your local brewers to _donate_ the
wine/mead/beers/ales/whatever.
I gotta admit I have _no_ idea to what extent any of this applies to SCA
stuff in countries other than the U.S.
- --maire