SC - cedar fever-OT

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jan 2 23:33:15 PST 2001

> What's "cedar fever season?"
> - --Maire
>
> Stefan li Rous wrote:
> >   (Cedar fever season started up here three days ago. And I knew it
> > before I saw the article in the paper. sigh)

It's actually a misnomer, What is really the culprit is the pollen from
the Juniper trees setting off an alergy. It appears to be a fairly common
ailment for many folks who have lived here for a few years. I think late
December through February is the usual time, although mild or wet
winters
will affect this.

In my case it usually starts off with just allergy symptoms: itchy,
runny nose, sinus headaches but morphs into a sore throat and then a
cough. This time it changed pretty quickly from allergy to cough. But
I'm a little better now. Of course there's always the next upsurge in
the pollen count...

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net