SC - Twelfth-Century Bibliography

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jan 3 20:04:35 PST 2001

Greetings!

Please forgive any cross-posting- folks on all of these lists had made
interested noises in this project, so I am sending out one blanket
message. I'm sorry if this clogs your mailbox.

I finally finished the Bibliography of sources from and about the
Twelfth Century. It is by no means comprehensive or all inclusive- but I
believe it will provide a broad base to begin or further work that one
might be doing on the Twelfth Century. There are a couple of notable
gaps- costume, for instance, or food. But there may be information in
one of the other files that could least to what you want. Besides that,
I'm really tired of working on this thing! :-)

There are 16 Word 97 files, ranging from 21 to 90 KB. I could send
individual files as an attachement to an e-mail, or I could copy a disk
and mail it. If you are interested, I can e-mail privately the "Must
Read" file (sort of a best-of) to see if you think you might be
interested in the whole she-bang. I have also offered this Bibliography
to Stefan li Rous, for possible use in the Florilegium.

If you are interested in looking at this further, please e-mail me
privately at:

<lcm at efn.org>

And let me know what you'd like to see. The files are:

47 KB  Art and Architechture
58 KB  Biographies
21 KB  Chivalry
21 KB  Continental Europe
47 KB  Government and Feudalism
33 KB  Law
46 KB  Lyric/Music/Troubadours
21 KB  Movies from 12th c. texts
63 KB  Must Read List
24 KB  On the Margins (Women, sex, minorities, etc.)
45 KB  Philosophy and Education
64 KB  Popular Literature
35 KB  Religion
90 KB  The Crusades
39 KB  The Normans

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming-

'Lainie