SC - Cheesecake judging Laurels

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 19:06:34 PST 2001

- --- Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> wrote:
> Adamantius said:
> > Anybody have anything to add about Laurels from
> their respective
> > kingdoms? I promise not to cross-post any of it to
> the SCA-Laurels
> > list... ;  )  C'mon! Do I hear Caid?
>
> Hummm. I think in Caid it is more like None of the
> cheesecakes have to
> be from period recipes, but they should look period
> and the cook
> should be dressed in Elizabethian. :-)

Ah-HEM! Stefan, you have obviously never been to Caid!
And if you should ever make the pilgrimage, I will
personally feed you period cheesecake ...
hehehehehehe!

The Correct answer is that all cheesecakes must come
from period sources, but can be made using modern
tools, as long as they create that period look; a ton
of brownie points will be given to those who lay their
own eggs, milk their own cows, grow and mill their own
flour and spices.  The entries should be
well-documented in one or two pages of text. The cook
should be dressed in glitzy court garb, be it
Elizabethan, Italian Ren, Houppelande or Byzantine.
The definition of glitzy is "having lots of gold work,
embroidery, pearls, gemstones, fur, real silk and
velvets."  After all, Caid has a well-deserved
reputation of being the kingdom that glitters, on and
off the field.

Huette

PS Ademantius, per your subject line, why should
cheesecake be judging Laurels?  Shouldn't that be
Laurels judging cheesecake?  Personally, I don't like
my food making judgment calls about me.

H.

=====
shall never cease to be amused.