Saumon Gentil (was: SC - Re: SC- Turkish Food)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jan 11 23:51:08 PST 2001

Adamantius replied to me:
> Stefan li Rous wrote:
> > Ok, would one of you two (or someone else), please post the original
> > recipe for this and perhaps Hieatt and Butler's redaction? And
> > Adamantius, how about posting yours?
>
> I posted the original last night, H&B don't provide a readaction (in
> this case, Gott sei dank!), and I don't have a redaction to speak of, I
> just went ahead and made it from the original recipe.

Yes, I did see your message with the recipe and some cooking comments,
but I'm afraid that didn't show up until one or two digests later. Most
of this is going into the salmon-msg file so folks will be able to
easily backtrack after reading the recipe.

> Seasoned with salt, saffron infused in a little fish stock (yes, I
> cheated and made a stock from the skin and bones, then used it to poach
> my fish) then adding it to the fish before grinding, and ground cloves.

Interesting. We've talked some about making stock before, but I don't
remember too much about making a fish stock. How is this 'cheating'?
Do you just boil the skin and bones together in water? How long?

Thanks,
  Stefan

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net