Attn: Olwen - Plat's Cast Sugar Notes, was - Re: SC - Re: sca-cooks 'Buch von guter Speise'

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 12 10:32:05 PST 2001

>Just so you know; it probably shouldn't affect your decision to pick up
>a good source inexpensively, but if this is specifically to get the Plat
>instructions to cast fruits, nuts, etc., and then cast sugar in the
>molds, I should tell you that in a quick read-through last night, the
>instructions are for using a cooked sugar syrup, a.k.a. candy, not for
>the kind of pounded sugar plate we are usually talking about on this
>list when we say sugar plate.
>
>Sorry about that...
>
>Adamantius

Thank you, but that isn't my reason.  I am hoping to expand my library and
knowledge of period food tricks.  There have been a number of references to
Delights that I wanted to read it/own it.  Using cooked sugar will just make
it easier for me as that is what I am used to doing.  It's amazing how easy
it is to work sugar, but ouch can it burn ya.
Olwen