SC - Duello by Cheese Cake; High Noon in Trimaris, Spoons at the Ready

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Jan 12 10:32:08 PST 2001

Master A. wrote:

> . Just for example, I
> gather my persona is OOP by both Midrealm and Atlantian law, in spite of
> no such law existing in the East, Atlantia's original parent kingdom.

Actually, so is mine...I have dealt with that ever since joining the Society.
When I started, I was told it was ok, but then found out later that it's
not...according to the way some interpret SCA rules.  In fact, I know for a fact
that there are some who have tried to block my getting any awards because I have
a personna that's outside of SCA geography.

However, I wasn't aware of any Atlantian law that prohibits Roman personnas...in
fact I know several who live in Atlantia!  But I have been told that our early
date is 800 C.E.....someone's concept of when the Middle Ages began.  I firmly
believe that it is very difficult to specifically say that such and such a
period began on a certain date!

Kiri