SC - What's the oldest thing in your fringe

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Jan 15 07:23:44 PST 2001

Well, I kinda cleaned out my fridge this weekend, so nothing's very old
in there for the time being...._however_, the oldest thing in there when
I cleaned it out was two nine-year old bottles of huckleberry liqueur,
and a gallon bag of macerated sour cherries from making cherry liqueur
about 4 years ago--had never quite figured out what to do with them,
since they still had pits.
Horror Story--a few years back, I had the -uh- pleasure of being very
broke and going without electricity for several months (thank god it was
spring/summer/fall). I cleaned my fridge out, and then closed the door,
since I didn't want the cats getting in there and getting trapped....a
couple of months later, my house was invaded by the _nastiest_
smell...took me forever to figure it out....y'all wouldn't BELIEVE the
amazingly colorful, disgusting things you can get to grow on the inside
of an unused fridge....UGH...
- --Maire