SC - Apprentice's Journal

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Tue Jan 16 19:54:56 PST 2001

Apprentice's Journal, week one

harrumph!  well, we finally managed to pull it off.  they say third time's
the charm.  very strange day though.  first we're gonna do it at 3:30, then
4, then after last court, then after the competition.... damn byzantines!

made points with the Master's wife, I know who's in charge here...at least I
think she did.  she fed me and ne'er once did I see the fabled meat
cleaver... I wonder why he tells all those horendous stories about her...

competetion went well... he isn't always the jolly old caveman everybody
thinks... went after one poor gentle with a paring knife...his Ladywife says
competition brings out the worst in him... me, I just think it was too much
blood in his alcohol stream, but what do I know...

reminder to self: next time working with frosting, soak frosting knife in
hot water for smoother finish...

odd little ceremony, he had me peel an onion, then he bit into it
ravenously.  i think it was some sort of initiation ritual and i was
supposed to be cowed and impressed... didn't have the heart to tell him
about Chief's initiation... maybe next time I'll just bring him some balut
and limbergher

hmmm  curious to see what next week brings....