SC - Aussie BBQ?

AlviraMacD at aol.com AlviraMacD at aol.com
Wed Jan 17 08:03:12 PST 2001

- --part1_60.ac5a13a.27971c40_boundary

In a message dated 1/17/01 5:46:19 AM Central Standard Time,
meliora at asiaonline.net.au writes:

> How do they have it over there?

Here in the middle of the states, Jefferson City, Missouri, We bar-b-que on
grills, steaks, chicken fish, vegetables, that sort of thing but we also have
bar-b-que, beef, pork, chicken that has been smoked, mesquite or hickory
wood, and then basted with a Kansas City style sauce, tomato based, sweet
from molasses, brown sugar or honey, and smoke.
Sauces vary widely across the country.  Some are vinegar based and thin.  The
wood to smoke with varies by region too.
Far about 6 months we had a bar-b-que restaurant there that had items on the
menu from every region.  I had a blast "eating my way across the country".
But I was born and bred in Kansas City, sweet thick sauce over hickory smoked
ribs, man that is eating.  I do not want any "sides" I just want my ribs, Ice
water to wash it down and a place to wash up after!
Come to Lillie's War and I'll arrange for a feast from Gates Bar-b-que to be
sent to site.  You can then taste our region's offerings!  Beth (because poor
Alvira would have never had the pleasure of a bar-b-que sauce dripping from
her chin)!

- --part1_60.ac5a13a.27971c40_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 1/17/01 5:46:19 AM Central Standard Time,