SC - Diet Blues

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Jan 17 08:07:19 PST 2001

Well, the stress of my first feast is about 20 years behind me, but I
have not done a large feast in some time due in part to the stress and
hard work involved (I'm actually very lazy at heart), so I do know what
you mean.  However, my german-peasant body type's natural response to
stress is to retain weight (my sister even gained weight through a bout
of lymphoma!) so that wouldn't work for me anyway :(
I was fascinated to read someone on this list's account of a Lenten fast
that she and her husband did, not a period fast, but a totally medieval
diet during Lent.  She said they felt better, looked better, and both
lost some weight in the process.  She felt they were certainly eating
better.  Lots of whole grains, cooked greens, small amounts of meat, and
fish on "fast days".  I have her message saved, because her description
was very good.
Christianna