SC - OT - Aussie BBQ - Roo meat

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Wed Jan 17 14:00:14 PST 2001

>Stefan,
>
>As Drake has stated my parents are registered shooters, so we eat "wild
>kangaroo" i.e. not farmed.  It is a very lean meat and is liable to go tough
>on a BBQ.  It is best cooked slowly in a casserole or used as mince.

It does go ok on a grill but usually a nice leg piece done by an experienced
and professional chef.  Not really suitable for cremation by a "weekend
warrior" such as myself.

>The Roo meat we eat is considered gamey by some people, but I personally
>feel it is less gamey in taste than venison.  It really depends on the
>conditions under which the animal died and what your personal tastes are.

Agreed.  Kangaroo... think Venison with a slight grassy taste.

Drakey (Mel's troublesome Husband and Lady Mari's Consort)

ps.  Mari, I've got all the gear now and should be authorised by Easter.  Wanna
be Princess?