SC - almond milk source - Almond Breeze

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 18:49:40 PST 2001

- --- lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> However now that i've been to Morocco, i have to say
> that giant
> American almonds don't have half the flavor of the
> tiny Moroccan
> almonds - and i am very careful to buy the freshest
> almonds i can,
> and never the sad stale almonds one finds in little
> sacks at the
> supermarket.
>
> Mmmmm, Moroccan almond milk...
>
> Anahita al-shazhiyya al-Andalusiyya

Have you ever bought fresh almonds from Arvin,
California?  I have.  I have also been to Morocco.
When you buy almonds picked fresh from the grower,
even the giant almonds of California have lots of
flavor.  Also, don't ever store any nuts on a shelf or
anywhere that is not refrigerated.  The oils in the
nuts go rancid.  When I was a child, I used to hate
nuts of any kind because they all tasted bad.  But
that was because my mother always used to store nuts
in jars on her pantry shelf and used them in cooking
even when they smelled stale.  [Shudder]  Now all nuts
in my house go directly into the freezer after
purchase.  No more rancid nuts.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.