First feasts was Re: SC - Diet Blues

BareToad at aol.com BareToad at aol.com
Thu Jan 18 23:15:37 PST 2001

- --part1_fd.12d0184.27994399_boundary

Hello All,

I have been lurking for a while and this is my first post.  (Hi Selene!)
What did I do for my first feast?  I was charged for making a simple lunch
for Caidan Twelfth night a couple of years back (while HRM Tomuki and HRM
Luciana sat the throne).  Being full blooded Portuguese and raised in the
culture (and knowing just how many have to be fed at a "festa") I thought, "I
will fix Portuguese Sopas."  Sopas is a simple soup made with beef stock,
Kale (or cabbage), potatoes, beef roast, and a bouquet garni (with all of the
spices, for easy removal).  It is served as sops, the broth poured over
French bread, with the kale, potatoes, and meat on the side.  I didn't
realize when I agreed to do this project that I would be feeding 300 people!
Many wanted seconds...Ack!  Needless to say, this feat was accomplished only
with the help of my friends here in Wintermist!  The best part:  Being called
before Tomuki and Luciana to recieve my Dolphin (A Caidan service award)
while in the middle of getting the soup warmed up .  Something I learned:  I
added carrots to the broth while it was warming up in crock pots (the soup
had been frozen to keep it until the event) thinking that I would have enough
time for them to cook...like the Invisible Man says, "Oh Crud."

Mairin ben Dhiarmait
Shire Of Wintermist
Kingdom of Caid

- --part1_fd.12d0184.27994399_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Verdana" LANG="0">Hello All,
<BR>
<BR>I have been lurking for a while and this is my first post.  (Hi Selene!)
<BR>What did I do for my first feast?  I was charged for making a simple lunch
<BR>for Caidan Twelfth night a couple of years back (while HRM Tomuki and HRM
<BR>Luciana sat the throne).  Being full blooded Portuguese and raised in the
<BR>culture (and knowing just how many have to be fed at a "festa") I thought, "I
<BR>will fix Portuguese Sopas."  Sopas is a simple soup made with beef stock,
<BR>Kale (or cabbage), potatoes, beef roast, and a bouquet garni (with all of the
<BR>spices, for easy removal).  It is served as sops, the broth poured over
<BR>French bread, with the kale, potatoes, and meat on the side.  I didn't
<BR>realize when I agreed to do this project that I would be feeding 300 people!
<BR>Many wanted seconds...Ack!  Needless to say, this feat was accomplished only
<BR>with the help of my friends here in Wintermist!  The best part:  Being called
<BR>before Tomuki and Luciana to recieve my Dolphin (A Caidan service award)
<BR>while in the middle of getting the soup warmed up .  Something I learned:  I
<BR>added carrots to the broth while it was warming up in crock pots (the soup
<BR>had been frozen to keep it until the event) thinking that I would have enough
<BR>time for them to cook...like the Invisible Man says, "Oh Crud."
<BR>
<BR>Mairin ben Dhiarmait
<BR>Shire Of Wintermist
<BR>Kingdom of Caid</FONT></HTML>

- --part1_fd.12d0184.27994399_boundary--