SC - La Varenne

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jan 21 17:29:53 PST 2001

Anahita al-shazhiyya said:
> I volunteered to do the Boar Hunt again next December - i must have
> been in a daze at the end of the feast - and i'm toying with doing
> goose along with the pork.
>
> I realize it's well in advance of the event, but as this has been the
> season for cooking goose, so i wondered if anyone has any period
> goose recipes they've actually prepared? And comments on them, please.

You might want to check this file in the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
duck-goose-msg    (22K)  1/ 8/01    Cooking duck and goose. Recipes.

For pork, perhaps something in here would be of interest:
pork-msg          (25K)  1/20/00    Use of pork in period. Pork recipes.
roast-pork-msg    (39K) 10/13/00    Cooking pork roasts. Medieval recipes.

Or if you are really ambitious:
whole-pig-msg     (25K)  9/29/00    Info. on roasting a whole pig. Experiences.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net