SC - First Feasts & changing traditions

upsxdls_osu at ionet.net upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Tue Jan 23 07:29:54 PST 2001

>     Be your own person,  and just let people know  (when it's too late to be
> pressured) that you decided  to do something a bit different.  It's kind of
> hard to critize a feast "because the Cook had the audacity NOT to serve
> honeybutter! " and that's the worse they can say . . . .
>
> Caointiarn

Thanks for the insight.  Too bad we have to submit a menu "for approval" prior
to the event.  Takes some of the decisions out of the cooks' hands and places it
somewhere else.  I'm hoping the autos and senechals I work with will trust me
enough to leave my menus alone.  We'll see. I know you can't please all of the
feasters all of the time, but I'd like to be able to please the majority.

On a side note: a group of us are going to a concert of period music played on
period instruments.  Several are gathering for a potluck prior to the trip.  I'm
making Ruzzige Cakes to take as my dish.  A great way to try out new recipes
without having to pay the guinea.., uuh, tasters.

Liadnan