SC - Re: Marzipan

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 24 14:52:38 PST 2001

Gwendolen wrote:
>Can anyone recommend a relatively quick and *easy* thing to do with
>Marzipan?  Do you use it as an icing or do you mold it just as is?  I
>brought some back from England and I'd like to do something with it for an
>event on Saturday.  Any other tips (already read the Florilegium files)
>would be welcomed.

Quick and easy would be to roll it into balls and dip it into melted
chocolate.  Not period, however!  If you're a sugar paste person, make some
period paste.  Roll the marzipan into a "snake" and roll the sugarpaste
around the snake.  Twist it into knots, letters, bows, etc.  Place on
parchment paper. Bake in a very slow oven (300?) until the color just turns.
Remove.  It's late period.

Get wafers.  Roll out marzipan to fit and pinch up an edge.  Bake as they
say for marchpanes.

Alys Katharine