SC - First Feasts & changing traditions

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Jan 24 10:54:11 PST 2001

To be honest, I don't remember the last time I served cheese chunks at a feast.
I have done herbed butter, but that's about it.  What I usually do is a sort of
appetizer platter with things like pickled veggies, pommes d'or or other
finger-type foods.  then where  I often do serve cheeses is as part of a desert
table, along with fresh fruit.  I'm not sure it's period, but it does fulfill
the need for cheese that seems to exist!

Kiri