SC - My first attempt at a period(ish) recipe. (Very Long!)

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Mon Jan 29 18:29:42 PST 2001

Was written:

>I just made my first attempt at two period(ish) recipes, and would like
some
>feed back if you will. :) What I did wrong, ect.
>
>Both recipes are out of Martha Washington's Booke of Cookery.

Try the sack posset recipe, I recommend it.  I've done it, the redaction was
quite straight forward and it came out quite well.  It was like a very thick
cooked eggnog.  I don't know what page it is on, I've mislaid my copy, but
it calls for 14 egg yolks and 7 egg whites.  I've done it with both sherry
and brandy by the way.  The only thing you have to do is be careful to stir
it as it sets and not burn it.  I suspect it would be easier to make in a
double boiler but have not done so.

Daniel Raoul