SC - Overbooking

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Mon Jan 29 20:14:11 PST 2001

Lady Clotild commented:
> And, by the way, it was a lot of fun - the musicians
> (who were in a minstrel's gallery over the crowd) and
> the servers had a great time, as did the guests for
> the meal.  Some of us were heard to say we'd had more
> fun doing this than we'd had at many SCA-only
> feasts... then again, a wildly appreciative audience
> does help.  ;)

Did you serve this "family style", one or two central dishes which
everyone served themselves out of? Or did you attempt to serve this
modern resturant style individually dished? If the former, how well
did it go over with the diners? Either way, how did you manage the
diners plates and eating utensils? SCA folks know to bring their
own feastgear and beginners are hopefully advised of this before
their first event.

- --
THL Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net