SC - Peas, Peas, Beautiful Peas...

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Jan 29 22:16:03 PST 2001

we are asked about "white peas"

it may not explain it entirely, but a dried green pea with its coat still
on is pretty dang white. you boil them, skim the skins off and its green
peas, just like your modern split pea.

maybe?

- --Anne-Marie, who once spent an afternoon cooking different kinds of
commercially available dried peas to be sure there was no difference....