SC - Buying lamb

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 1 13:36:27 PST 2001

>>I stumbled on to the OSU meat lab a few years ago.  Students training to
>>become butchers and meat inspectors have cattle, pigs and lambs to
>>slaughter, inspect and butcher.  They sell meat as a sideline, Leanna
>>

>Now where in the phone book would one find an OSU meat lab???
>
>Olwen

I guess she is purchasing from the Oregon or Ohio State University meat lab.
  You should find out (Insert your state here) State University meat lab.

I learned very late in my NC residence that NC State had such facilities
(mostly because of some hullabaloo about neighbors not wanting the U. to
build a more modern facility for the students.  The campus isn't as far out
in the country as it used to be, and the suburban neighbors, while adoring
having large fields of cute animals as neighbors, aren't keen on having a
mini-meat packing plant next door.

Bonne