SC - Drat!

kurt radford ktradford at cyberport.com
Tue Jan 2 17:16:23 PST 2001

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Elaine Koogler <ekoogler at chesapeake.net>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 8:36 AM
Subject: Re: SC - Drat!

> I have had this sort of thing happen so often that when something is
really
> critical, I try to send it via some other, more dependable method...such
as UPS or
> FedEx.
>
> Kiri

Unfortunately, during the holidays I don't think that there is any services
that are dependable.  Even though, USPS is supposed to deliver your item
within 3 days the only guarantee is Express overnight delivery and then it
is not always a sure thing as every thing operates from human hands.  Trust
me, I work for the postal service & nothing is ever guaranteed even when it
is supposed to be.  The holidays are the worst time of year to try to
guarantee something to get to a destination when it is supposed to.  The
only saving grace that I can give you is that you can get your money back.
But unfortunately that is not the principle of the matter at hand.  I
realize it is not the $4.00 that you cared about but the time deadline.
Right now we are so back logged @ our office (because of Christmas & New
Years holiday) all the mail came in today (3-4 times normal amount) it's
like a ZOO and I just work at a little office.  I can imagine what it is
like at one of the main mail distribution centers in a metropolis area.

I can really understand your frustration.  I have been there myself, with
the postal service, UPS and FEDEX too.  Member 3 years ago when UPS went on
strike?  wonder how many people lost out on their important parcels ?

My heartfelt frustration goes with you,    Krysta