SC - Drat!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jan 2 21:59:42 PST 2001

Vincente declared:
> Drat, drat, DRAT!
>
> I had submitted my translation of the "Libro de Cozina" for a Kingdom A&S in
> January.  The deadline for research papers was December 23rd.  I sent it off
> Priority Mail December 19th.  Those dullards at the USPS didn't deliver it
> until December 27th.  The autocrat has rejected the submission since it
> didn't arrive in time to be sent to the judges.  I haven't had any luck in
> convincing her otherwise.
>
> DRAT!!!!
>
> I wasn't hoping for a prize so much as for feedback.  Ah well; I've got
> until January 12th to come up with something I CAN enter.   Hmmm... maybe
> some desserts, and the clarea de agua...
>
> Still, DRAT!!!!

My condolances in getting caught up in the holiday mail crunch.

Would you be willing to let me add it to the Florilegium? Since your name
and contact info will be included perhaps that would lead to some feedback.
My standard policy is that you keep the copyright and to accept updates
at any time, so you could update this as you get feedback or learn more.

However, if this is the piece you were planning to publish this may not
fit with your plans. Maybe, some choice snippets might be useful to
whet folks appetites. :-) I'd be happy to have information (or to add
it later) telling folks how they could order the whole thing.

Stefan

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net