SC - Would you like 14 Metric Tons of Long Pepper?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jan 4 05:23:38 PST 2001

UlfR wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
>
> > It seems to me that anybody wishing to smuggle TNT to Sweden could
> > explain away any accidental explosions by shipping it in tins marked
>
> It is AFAIK pretty stable. If my old organic chem. prof. was to be
> believed at least one step in the manufacture is not.

Not too surprising; I'm still getting over the revelation, accurate or
otherwise, that Nobel's original formula for dynamite was sawdust
saturated with liquid nitroglycerine to render it slightly more stable.

> > "surstromming"... (have I gotten this word even moderately close?)
>
> About as close as can be expected: "surströmming". Since your keyboard
> most likely isn't umlaut enabled...

Harumph. I use a Mac. My keyboard is everything enabled. (Ask me about
the time my kid changed to the complete Swedish character set without
telling me!)  Now if only my processor were a little newer... ;  )...
not to mention my server.

> /UlfR
>  just as long as the UN does not catch on to the fact that we *are*
> stockpiling biological weapons...

In that case, does eating them count as disarmament or suicide?

Adamantius, who's always been told that sürstromming was tasty stuff,
and wonders why rotten milk is considered tasty by many, while rotten
fish (in this case only half-rotten) is considered repulsive
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com