SC - Tarator (OOP)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 5 11:41:37 PST 2001

So, not fond of eggplant eh?  Next time I grill any veggies I believe I
shall include eggplant and make up a batch of this sauce.  With nuts AND
garlic, it cann't be bad!

>I had understood skordalia to be Greek; possibly this is a Turkish
>variation... it's good on fried eggplant, too. Almost good enough to
>raise eggplant to the level of food...
>
> > What do they mean by fruity olive oil??
> > Olwen

This is what I thought.  Just wanted to make sure.  Thanks for the input.

>Um, they mean an olive oil that has a fresh, fruity, olive-y, if you
>will, flavor and aroma. >

>Adamantius

One more question.  Was it you that mentioned a book I _think_ called "To
the Queens Taste" in a response to a question I had about using sugarpaste
for nut hulls?  I wanted to know about that book.

Thanks
Olwen