SC - A Turkish recipe...

RButler96 at aol.com RButler96 at aol.com
Fri Jan 5 20:43:06 PST 2001

- --part1_c3.cbff0d2.2787fc5a_boundary

In a message dated 1/5/01 7:26:57 PM Pacific Standard Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

> Yes and no. At least one sect interprets the prohibition  of  alcohol
> literally. They simply pour the first drop of of  the alcoholic everage on
> the ground thereby fulfilling the letter of the Koran which  forbids A DROP
> to pass your lips. :-) Other sects consume  strong distilled spirits and
> beverages fermented from things other than grapes. Al-Islam is a religion
> which like Christianity (or any other) is composed of many sects and
> schools
> so blanket statements seldom hold true for all adherents of Islam except in

     Thank you, Ras, for the polite explanation.  I doubted my information,
but it is a pleasure to have someone help to enlighten me rather than
censure.

     Khadijah

- --part1_c3.cbff0d2.2787fc5a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 1/5/01 7:26:57 PM Pacific Standard Time, LrdRas at aol.com <BR>writes:
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Yes and no. At least one sect interprets the prohibition  of  alcohol
<BR>literally. They simply pour the first drop of of  the alcoholic everage on
<BR>the ground thereby fulfilling the letter of the Koran which  forbids A DROP
<BR>to pass your lips. :-) Other sects consume  strong distilled spirits and
<BR>beverages fermented from things other than grapes. Al-Islam is a religion
<BR>which like Christianity (or any other) is composed of many sects and <BR>schools
<BR>so blanket statements seldom hold true for all adherents of Islam except in <BR>a
<BR>most general way.</BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>
<BR>     Thank you, Ras, for the polite explanation.  I doubted my information, <BR>but it is a pleasure to have someone help to enlighten me rather than <BR>censure.
<BR>
<BR>     Khadijah
<BR></FONT></HTML>

- --part1_c3.cbff0d2.2787fc5a_boundary--