SC - Duello by Cheese Cake; High Noon in Trimaris, Spoons at the Ready

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jan 12 08:24:40 PST 2001

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> >Elaine Koogler wrote:
> > >
> > > And then, to go to the other end, actually outside of, our period,
> > > there is Cato's Savillum:
> >
> >Cato is seventeenth-century???
> >
> >Adamantius
>
> Didn't he live into the 17th century.  I thought I just read that, but my
> memory lives in the cabinet with the seive.
> Olwen

Sorry, I was being... ironic. No, this Cato was the uncle of the guy
that was in the Senate with Julius Caesar. As has been pointed out, I
was just commenting on the absence of a Corporate early cut-off date.
While I do see the value of excluding Og the Caveman, the standard, if
heavily flawed, argument against having no early cutoff, having one can
exclude people like Charlemagne, or rather the first, I think, 42 years
of his kingship, as Kiri's example demonstrates, which would be silly. I
think one should choose not to do Og the Caveman because it is silly,
but see problems with having it in kingdom law. Just for example, I
gather my persona is OOP by both Midrealm and Atlantian law, in spite of
no such law existing in the East, Atlantia's original parent kingdom.

Thass okay, I live in da People's Republic of the East... ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com