SC - Peers -OT

Quicksilver Solas_Sidhe at bigpond.com
Sat Jan 13 19:45:05 PST 2001

>In reading the last few digests, it struck me that most, if not all,
>the postings are by Peers.  I have asked this question of a few
>Peers that I know, and get dissenting viewpoints.  Perhaps, since
>there are so many of you (Peers) are on this list, you would offer
>your opinion advice.
>
>I have been told that a person should never approach a Laurel and
>ask to apprentice to them; that it should be the Laurel's choice.
>On the other hand, I was told that, how can a Laurel know you are
>interested in learning/apprenticing to them if they don't know
>you're interested?

I'm not a peer, however I'm protoge to Master Hrolf Herjolfsson.  I
asked to be a protoge to Hrolf because he did what I wanted to learn,
running feasts.  I admit it was a scary thing to do, since most
people in this Barony tend to think along the lines that One does NOT
ask peers to ebcome a protoge or appretice, the peers ask the people
who show promise.  However he said yes and I have not looked back.
If you want to be apprenticed or protoged to a peer, I believe you
should ask.  After all, the worst thing they can do is say 'no' and
then you're only back where you started.

- -Min