digby's fruitcake was Re: SC - Cheesecake judging Laurels/Competitions

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Jan 16 17:03:28 PST 2001

In a message dated 1/16/2001 6:41:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, troy at asan.com
writes: (regarding churros)

<< They don't seem to expand much in frying, >>

Then the recipe I used in high school for Spanish class must have been
non-standard - they expanded so well they exploded!  My mom and I were
cleaning churros off the underside of the cabinets, the front of the
cabinets, and the ceiling - well, OK, we got Dad to do the ceiling.  Neither
Mom nor I is much over 5 feet tall - Dad's 6 feet, so he could reach better!

Brangwayna Morgan