SC - Rose Water - now orange blossom water

WyteRayven at aol.com WyteRayven at aol.com
Fri Jan 19 07:50:43 PST 2001

In a message dated Fri, 19 Jan 2001  3:15:57 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Jessica Tiffin" <jessica at beattie.uct.ac.za> writes:

>Having just acquired Cariadoc's two-volume collection, >and having
>spent a happy two weeks digging through Digby and the >rest: orange
>blossom water is used in a fair number of English late
>period/Elizabethan biscuitty-style things.  (I don't >have the books
>with me so can't give specifics, but there were quite >a few).
>
>JdH

Great! It sounds like the orange flower water would be nice to have on hand. I have Digbie, though I have perused it mostly for the meads. There is only one version of it, right? I picked up a book titled something like "Penns family recipies", and it looks like there is supposed to be another volume for medicinal remedies, but I cant seem to find it.

I still need to aquire Cariadoc's two-volume collection.

Thanks!

Ilia