SC - Oldest thing in fridge - redux

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Jan 21 14:26:00 PST 2001

Hullo, the list!

Perhaps this doesn't qualify, but I've just discovered a mislabelled
archive box in with several boxes of books, containing things that
_should_ have gone into the fridge a over a year ago when we moved.

Actually, nothing too horrifying: a jar of homemade damson plum
preserves from 1989, some kind of commercial black pepper sauce,
allegedly Chinese, some elderly prepared horseradish, a small jar of
concentrated tarragon puree, and a jar of pickled shallots, all pitched
into the Oubliette of No Return.

Survivors include a jar of habaneros in sherry vinegar (a little soft
but still flavorful, slight color loss) which I pureed with a little
onion, some salt and a bit of dry mustard for a pseudo-Caribbean yellow
pepper sauce, and a packet of koji-and-yeast balls, a.k.a. wine pills,
to be crushed over cooked, cooled rice for wine rice and/or rice wine.

Now if I could only find the box that contains the missing calves' liver
and shad roe...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy