SC - Food in History

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 26 10:23:24 PST 2001

> >has anyone else seen this (besides morgali, who reads and contributes to
> >rec.food.historic frequently)?

Yes, I guess somebody on the "Caid OT" random chatter list heard about it sent
it to me as well.  It's a nice feeling when somebody thinks of you.  <glow>

Laurene wrote:

> I have a wonderful book, EYEWITNESS Viking that has several pages with
> photographs of artifacts found in a dig, and fresh food (from modern
> tables) that would have resembled the food which Vikings ate.  Apparently
> archeologists found a site with such detail that the food residue was still
> identifiable, so now we know what they ate!!  Pretty cool.
> Other DK books, and especially the Eyewitness books series, have similar
> information about food, and customs.  They are my favorite!!!

So, give!  What do they say they found on the Viking table, and what kind of
fresh menus did these fellow re-creators serve?

EYEWITNESS Viking, sounds like a news show on the History Channel maybe.
"Dateline, Jorvik..."

Selene