SC - Re: First feasts-long

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jan 26 21:27:49 PST 2001

Par Leijonhufvud said:
> Ethnic cooking? The Swedes have been eating surstromming for ever, so it
> must be period for my viking themed feast. And since all Irish cooking
> contains taters, they must be ok for my Brendan feast.

Hey Par, you have yet to post a recipe/methodology for making this
"surstromming". :-)

> We really should collect all of these (common "knowledge") into a
> alt.folklore.urban style FAQ. That way we can point the newcomer to it,
> and ask them to please come back with that topic if they still have
> questions.

We did make an attempt at an SCA-Cooks list FAQ a while back, but in the
end it was decided not to do this.

As far as a place to look up the summations of previous threads, I like
to think that the Florilegium does well at that. Of course I'm willing
to listen to suggestions and I have no monopoly on such things.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net