SC - just bragging

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Jan 29 14:58:09 PST 2001

Congratulations!  It is an honor well-deserved.

You folks might be interested as to how the feast will be done for this event.
The Coordinator for the feast has asked each group to submit the name of a cook
that they consider to be their best.  Each of these will be asked to submit a
list of 3 dishes that they consider to be their best.  The feast will consist of
a dish from each of these cooks, which the coordinator will choose, taking into
account balancing the menu and allocating kitchen time/space.  The only way this
can possibly work is with a huge kitchen, and that's what we have.  It is a
kitchen to dream of....two walk-in coolers and a walk-in freezer, 6 Vulcan
ovens, 2 full-sized upright warming ovens, etc., etc., etc.  My brag is that
Phillip and I have each been asked to do a dish!

It should be an interesting feast.  I suspect it will either be an absolutely
fabulous evening....or possibly a complete disaster.  However, I suspect, given
who the coordinator is, that it will be a howling success!

Kiri

BTW, if any of you are interested in attending, it will be Memorial Day weekend
at Camp Brown in St. Mary's County, Maryland (about 7 miles up the Potomac River
from the Chesapeake Bay...and just about as far south as you can go in Maryland!