SC - Macaroni and Cheese NOT OT NOR OOP!

RANDALL DIAMOND ringofkings at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 30 16:20:36 PST 2001

Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
> [...]
NOT macaroni and cheese? Another translation I've
seen has the cook poke a hole in the paste 'fillet'
which makes a long, holed noodle, very like the
classic Blue Box.<<<<

This one can't be anything else:
"Macrows. Take and make a thin foil of dough, and
carve it in pieces, and cast them on boiling water, and
seeth it well.  Take cheese and grate it and butter cast
beneath and above..... and serve forth."  c. 1390 at
a feast for Richard II.   This is listed in Platina I think.
Recipe from Provencial English Cooking by Elisabeth
Ayrton, Harper & Row 1980.

Akim Yaroslavich
"No glory comes without pain"