[Sca-cooks] OOP: Victoria Sponge Cake

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 1 10:27:20 PDT 2001

Help please, with a request for my mom.  She went to England last year
and had afternoon tea at Brown's Hotel in London.  There she fell in love
with a cake that I have identified as Victoria Sponge Cake.  It was served
layer style, with a jam filling and some kind of frosting/icing on top.  Does
anyone have a recipe that will come close to what is served at Brown's, so I
can make some for her?  I've found a number of recipes on the web, but not
all of the Victoria sponge cakes fit her description.  I don't know (and Mom
can't remember) what kind of jam, kind of frosting, etc.

Much thanks!

Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
mka Robin Carroll-Mann  ***  rcmann4 at earthlink.net