[Sca-cooks] Re: Libre de totes maneres de confits

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 17:35:57 PDT 2001

><< Translation from Catalan of the "Llibre de Totes Maneres de Confits",
>a 14th century treatise on candymaking. -- Vicente >>
>
>The catalan text is at:
>http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/confits.htm
>
>I am looking forward to the translation.

So am I, actually. :-)  I have the Faraudo article (thanks, Brighid!), and
so far I've gotten through about two sentences of the text.  I've got
someone in Barcelona helping me with words and phrases that trip me up.
Fortunately, this is a short work (17 pages or so); I wouldn't want to try
tackling something along the lines of the "Llibre de Sent Soví".  Master
Thomas, you have my admiration. :-)

By the way, I tried the recipe for asparagus in sauce last night.  Now, I
ordinarily don't like asparagus all that much, but this stuff... I ate
nearly a pound by myself. Hooboy!

I'll post it to the list separately; don't want to be a spoon tease.

Vicente