[Sca-cooks] victorian sponges

johnna007h at netscape.net johnna007h at netscape.net
Mon Jul 2 11:36:01 PDT 2001

You might send a nice note along to Browns directly.
They have a homepage at www.brownshotel.com.
I would guess that there are about as many variations
 of a "victorian sponge" as there are US versions of "brownies."
Given that you are trying to reproduce the Browns Hotel
version of the sponge cake this might provide a more exact
recipe for the one that your mom remembers.
Another alternative is to try through one of the
travel/gourmet magazines that have those you asked
for it columns where an editor reprints recipes from
restaurants that people have traveled to.

Johnna Holloway