[Sca-cooks] Central Market in Washington

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jul 2 21:42:47 PDT 2001

Zoe commented:
> Olwen had asked
> > I am looking to find black radishes.  >Anyone have any suggestions?  Now
> >that
>
> This is interesting, my  new favorite grocery store (Central Market in
> Shoreline Wa, just outside of Seattle) has black organic radishes. I've not
> tried them yet, and am unsure as to how I'd get them to you, but I've seen
> them at least.

Zoe, is this another one of the "Central Markets" that first started here
in Austin, run by the H.E.B. grocery store? I hadn't realized they had
expanded into  the northwest. I just thought they were a large regional
store. A recent article here said they had 59 percent of the market
locally.

If so, this is a wonderful store. (Central Market). Its the only place
I've seen some of the items mentioned here on this list. Vegemite,
Seville Oranges, double cream, quinces, fresh smoked fish (as opposed
to canned, smoked fish) and lemon curd to name a few.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net