[Sca-cooks] Massively expensive feast WAS: Smithsonian Stuff

RButler96 at aol.com RButler96 at aol.com
Fri Jul 6 08:55:35 PDT 2001

mooncat at in-tch.com writes:

> Better yet, I'm wondering what _we_ could come up with for a feast, if
> we had $170/head to play with? Anyone up to the challenge? <g>

     Easily done... My husband and I have thought of this one for years.

     The Coronation feast of Suleyman the Magnificent.  Something along the
lines of 40 courses, each containing five or so dishes.  The centerpeice of
the meal being several camels stuffed in that "6 animals inside" manner with
eggs at the very center.

     ::sigh::  Now I'm gonna have to look at that information I have again
and drool over it...  <G>

     Khadijah