[Sca-cooks] Lahmajun

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 13 09:46:02 PDT 2001

There's a dish i've had that seems to be eaten both by Turks and
Armenians, called Lahmajun - various spellings.

It's a yeasted flat bread, made with oil and yogurt - mix dough let
it rise - then prepare ground meat - lamb usually, by mixing with
various chopped vegetables and spices (many new world these days).
Then you take the dough divide it evenly, roll out each piece into a
flat round, spread the meat on each and bake until done - about 10
min. or so.

I was wondering if there's something like this that anyone has
noticed in the Near Eastern corpus? I'll be looking through my books,
but just in case someone has spotted something like this already or
read about something like this in literature...

Anahita