[Sca-cooks] RE: Victoria //Fanny Farmer Editions

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at admin.is.cornell.edu
Sat Jul 14 11:56:38 PDT 2001

All this talk got me curious, so I checked my copy of The Boston Cooking-School Cook Book.  It is the 6th edition (1937), and is listed as being by Fannie Merritt Farmer.  I found the Boston Cream Pie (note this edition uses Boston) as a variation of the Two-Egg Cake in the Loaf and Layer Cakes chapter.  They also have a variation that uses raspberry jam between the layers, with powdered sugar sprinkled on top - - but they call it a Washington Pie!

Sandra Kisner
sjk3 at cornell.edu