[Sca-cooks] a funny thing happened at breakfast...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Jul 16 02:40:58 PDT 2001

A funny thing happened at breakfast Sunday- a bunch of us get together
semi-regularly at a particular resaurant in town that does a wonderful
Sunday brunch. When we were ordering- I don't know where my brain was-
Robbie (our usual waiter) told us the special (Waffle with either
bananas and cream or peaches and cream, plus meat and toast) and
I looked up at him and said "I'll have the walrus, with peaches and ham"
and the room came apart. I thought Robbie was going to fall over, he was
laughing so hard. Four of us had walrus, and there were many jokes about
getting one into the kitchen, an enoooormous walrus iron, etc etc...
Rotrude wondered if Robbie was the Eggman. (Goo goo ga joob!) I don't
know if I will live this one down. Me and my senior moments...

Of course I had to tell Seumas about this, and his immediate response
was- of course- "I'll bet Nanna has recipes for walrus!"

Geez. With a Sweetie like that... ;-D

'Lainie, who thought walrus with peaches and cream was pretty good!