[Sca-cooks] OT To Phlippa: An Open Letter

Marian Rosenberg Marian at therosenbergfamilies.net
Tue Jul 17 18:01:01 PDT 2001

> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Dutch oven question
> Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 06:53:54 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Philippa Alderton <phlip_u at yahoo.com>
> To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
>
>  In lists.sca.sca-cooks, Marian wrote:
> > > But you cannot cook on [bonfires], and you
> > > cannot even cook very efficiently near them.  Last Pennsic,
> > > Mike had to dig out an extra fire pit and take coals from the
> > > camp bonfire so as to cook with the dutch oven.
>
> Of course, let us not forget the frustration of
> loaning a self- declared expert in Dutch ovens one's
> brand new seasoned cast iron Dutch oven, and getting
> it back with rocks in it and so rusty it took hours
> with sandpaper and steel wool to clean up, and more
> hours to reaseason again......
>
> Phlip

Philippa,

  I have a proposal for you; if you don't lie about or malinger me or my
friends, then I won't say anything to or about you no matter how
documentably true.

  The fact that I am one of the great horde of Those Who Dislike You
doesn't faze me one bit.  It apparently bothers you enough to tell my
college technical services that I am stalking you.

  I have done my best to avoid you, to not think of you, to not think of
the trouble you have actively tried to cause for me and for my friends.
I would appreciate if you make some effort to do the same.

  One final word, if you so much as touch me at Pennsic, I will file
assault charges.

-M

(I'm sorry for having to trouble SCA Cooks with this, but I'm really
tired of this.)