[Sca-cooks] milk bun redux

Gerekr at aol.com Gerekr at aol.com
Tue Jul 17 20:47:01 PDT 2001

I discarded the thread about milk (vs other) bun, because I didn't make
the connection to the "Nussmuss" (nut custard) recipe until about a week
later.  Have a heck of a time even skimming cooks, so I weed before
reading sometimes.

Anyhoo, this has surfaced in my alleged mind because we have fresh
baguette in the house tonite (grocery bakery, but fair).  Baguette
doesn't have milk in it, of course.

Anyone remember that discussion well enough to tell me if it HAS to be a
milk bread or if classic flour-water-salt-leaven would also work.

Thanks,
Chimene