[Sca-cooks] Pennsic fruits and vegies

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jul 21 12:01:32 PDT 2001

Margali commented:
> Where do you live and how do you get to Pensic? I and everybody
> in our encampment bring whonking great bunches of non-refrig
> foods, Heck - even Stefan flying in from Ansteorra brings chorizo
> in a cooler...[doesn't that qualify as hazmat transportation on a
> public carrier ;-) ]

Hey, that was choizo not hot peppers. However, I do note that peppers
are apparently now in season as a coworker brought in some produce
from his garden which included several types of peppers and I saw
them at the farmer's market this morning.

I also bought a handful of shallots at the market. Usually they are
kind of rare here in the grocery store, packed in small containers and
somewhat pricey. I know I have some period recipes that call for them,
which is why I bought them. Anyone have any recommended recipes that
use shallots?  Hmmm, maybe I'll make an onion soup with a variety of
onions and the shallots.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net