[Sca-cooks] OT? List volume

Marian Rosenberg Marian at therosenbergfamilies.net
Sat Jul 21 20:16:55 PDT 2001

Greetings,

  Did the list volume just sharply drop from the past few days because
it is the weekend?  Or is it just me not getting stuff?  Or are other
people having serious 'net problems related to the Baltimore train fire?

  Living in Baltimore, I expect bad net right now.  However, the evening
news says places as far away as Africa are 20x slower on 'net stuff
because of all the burning fiber optic cables.  And my friend from
Worldcomm says they know to the second the fire started because they
suddenly couldn't get Chicago, New York, or anything north of Baltimore.

-M