[Sca-cooks] OT: Trip to Ireland

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 30 17:29:03 PDT 2001

After several years delay (buying a house put us off-schedule), my
lord and I are finally going to Ireland.  We will be there from Sept.
10 - 21.  We are flying into Shannon and departing from Dublin.
We have booked a "self-drive tour" with a rental car and vouchers
for B&Bs.  Our vague plan is to drive a semi-circular route along the
southern coast from Shannon to Dublin.  At this point, our only
must-sees along the way are the Ring of Kerry, the Craggaunowen
Project, Blarney Castle, the Waterford factory, and Kilkenny City.

Any recommendations for places to visit/stay/shop/eat?  Since my
persona is 10th century Irish, things related to that era would be of
particular interest.  Oh, and I don't do beer or ale.  At all.  Is cider
readily available in pubs?

I'm still a little wistful about missing Pennsic this year, but this is a
pretty bright silver lining...

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net